My mother was murdered on 15 October 2005. Zola Mdyogolo stands trial for her murder from 27 March 2006. This blog tells you what happens.

Friday, March 24

DAY -2 Arrival

Well, here I am without any mishaps or problems and it’s been nice to see the few people I’ve managed to see so far. Tomorrow everyone will gather for lunch at my aunt and uncle’s house up the road, so I should have caught up with everyone by the end of that.

It does feel strange to be here again – almost as if I’m picking up from exactly where I left off at the end of October last year. It is almost hyper-real, perhaps because I’m a bit tired, perhaps because there are reminders that stare out so much because I’m not acclimatised to them yet. But overall it is a good feeling to be here and it is the right thing to have done.

A real bonus is the weather – the never-ending English winter which I left behind has been replaced by balmy warm sunshine, blue skies and even bluer sea. It is the start of autumn here and I have seen a fair few swallows still around, suggesting they’ve had it on good authority from somewhere to not start the journey northwards just yet. Perhaps they’ll join me in a week’s time, all being well.

The picture shows a sunset from the balcony of my father’s house, with reflections off the Chintsa River

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home